Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weather Conditions for Wednesday, April 27th 2011

Well these past couple of days have been a little bit cooler than normal it seems. I apologize for not updating my blog recently, but my computer's power source died and it tooke me a while to get a new one! All fixed now.

Currently it is 36 degrees F, with 100% cloud coverage. I would call them mainly stratus or nimbostratus. We did have a little bit of precipitation today, which seemed like a mixture of rain and sleet. The wind is coming in from the NW at 8mph. Weather.com is predicting rain/snow showers to develop overnight.

Graphic courtesy of The Weather Channel - http://www.weather.com/


If we look at the current surface map we can see there isn't a whole lot of activity going on in our area. My prediction is that there won't be anymore showers throughout the night, just based on what we're seeing here. If we look toward the south we can see the large low pressure system that is causing such severe weather. Apparently at least 32 people are thought to have died in the deadly oubreak of tornadoes in Alabama and Mississippi. The system will continue to move to the East throughout the night. Hopefully it will calm down a little bit before it hits the Atlanta metro area (my family lives there!).

No comments:

Post a Comment